deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Schön <rainer.schoen....@gmail.com>
Subject Another ExceptionHandler issue
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 12:56:59 GMT
Hello

Here another issue I found with the DS exception handling. Before I post a JIRA issue, I would
appreciate your point of view. Maybe I have misinterpreted something.

The documentation states: DeltaSpike continues to work through the exception chain, notifying
handlers of each exception in the stack, until a handler flags the exception as handled or
the whole exception chain has been iterated...

But this is obviously not what it does. If an exception event is caught and marked handledAndContinue
DS does not continue with the exception stack but rather with the inheritance chain! But this
is certainly not what it should.

To demonstrate the fact please consult the attached test output and the code behind in the
zip archive. To have an answer to this issue is very important to me for the further design
of the event handling strategy in the application.

Thanks for any reaction. And if someone of the DS team finds a minute, I would also appreciate
a comment to my yesterdays mail: "DS SecurityInterceptor with DS ExceptionHandler in an ear
deployment".

Thanks again
Rainer