deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Ortwin Escher <ortwin.esc...@openknowledge.de>
Subject Re: DeltaSpike JSF module breaks switch statement from flow scopes
Date Mon, 26 May 2014 21:23:01 GMT
Thanks for the really fast fix!

The first mail sounded like this will be fixed in the long run and not in a few hours. I hope
I have enough spare time tomorrow to test it with a snapshot version in a real application
and give you feedback asap.

Kind regards,
Ortwin Escher

Am 26.05.2014 um 22:46 schrieb Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petracek@gmail.com>:

> hi ortwin,
>
> i've pushed a first draft.
> i've tested it with your demo-application (thx for providing it).
>
> regards,
> gerhard
>
> http://www.irian.at
>
> Your JSF/JavaEE powerhouse -
> JavaEE Consulting, Development and
> Courses in English and German

> hi ortwin,
>
> that happens due to the changes of the jsf 2.2 api.
> current versions of ds don't support all ee7 features, however, we are aware of it.
>
> regards,
> gerhard

> Hello,
>
> The switch statement in a JSF flow will stop working as soon as the DeltaSpike JSF dependency
is added to a project. Is this a known issue or should I create an issue in Jira?

> I've added a small project to demonstrate this issue (if the mailing list lets attachments
through). The project is in a working state:
> - Run "mvn clean install".
> - Deploy to a JBoss Wildfly.
> - Open the application, e.g. http://localhost:8080/web-application/
> - Klicking the button will start a JSF flow and display either "Hello, world!" or "Hello,
world, too!"

> To replicate the bug, edit the pom.xml and remove the comment tags around the "deltaspike-jsf-module-*"
dependencies. Follow the instructions above and the button will not start the flow. Entering
a flow without a switch statement and with the dependency works fine.