deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Ortwin Escher <ortwin.esc...@openknowledge.de>
Subject AW: DeltaSpike JSF module breaks switch statement from flow scopes
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 12:17:02 GMT
I was able to test it: The bug is gone and our application appears to be stable with it. Looks
like we'll adopt 0.8 as soon as it is released.

Thanks again!
Ortwin Escher

Von: Ortwin Escher
Gesendet: Montag, 26. Mai 2014 23:23
An: Gerhard Petracek
Cc: users@deltaspike.apache.org
Betreff: Re: DeltaSpike JSF module breaks switch statement from flow scopes

Thanks for the really fast fix!

The first mail sounded like this will be fixed in the long run and not in a few hours. I hope
I have enough spare time tomorrow to test it with a snapshot version in a real application
and give you feedback asap.

Kind regards,
Ortwin Escher

Am 26.05.2014 um 22:46 schrieb Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petracek@gmail.com>:

> hi ortwin,
>
> i've pushed a first draft.
> i've tested it with your demo-application (thx for providing it).
>
> regards,
> gerhard
>
> http://www.irian.at
>
> Your JSF/JavaEE powerhouse -
> JavaEE Consulting, Development and
> Courses in English and German

> hi ortwin,
>
> that happens due to the changes of the jsf 2.2 api.
> current versions of ds don't support all ee7 features, however, we are aware of it.
>
> regards,
> gerhard

> Hello,
>
> The switch statement in a JSF flow will stop working as soon as the DeltaSpike JSF dependency
is added to a project. Is this a known issue or should I create an issue in Jira?

> I've added a small project to demonstrate this issue (if the mailing list lets attachments
through). The project is in a working state:
> - Run "mvn clean install".
> - Deploy to a JBoss Wildfly.
> - Open the application, e.g. http://localhost:8080/web-application/
> - Klicking the button will start a JSF flow and display either "Hello, world!" or "Hello,
world, too!"

> To replicate the bug, edit the pom.xml and remove the comment tags around the "deltaspike-jsf-module-*"
dependencies. Follow the instructions above and the button will not start the flow. Entering
a flow without a switch statement and with the dependency works fine.