deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: DeltaSpike JPA and @javax.transaction.Transactional
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 10:21:58 GMT
Hi!

Yes, I would be fine if we would support javax.transaction.Transactional.

There are of course multiple very different scenarios

A.) support javax.transaction.Transactional in a Java EE6 environment. We could do this by
simply providing an Extension which rewrites the javax.transaction.Transactional annotation
to our very own DeltaSpike @Transactional in ProcessAnnotatedType

B.) support javax.transaction.Transactional in a Java SE environment. This could be solved
pretty similar to A. The main difference might be whether you have a JTA environment (via
openejb embedded, atomikos, etc) or resource-local transactions. But this can already be solved
by simply using a different DeltaSpike TransactionStrategy (simply enable the @Alternative
BeanManagedUserTransactionStrategy for example)

C.) support a 'mixed operation of classes which use EJBs, @javax.transaction.Transactional
and DeltaSpike @Transactional.
This already works out of the box if you use BeanManagedUserTransactionStrategy as all of
them simply utilize UserTransaction.

Which scenario did you think of?

LieGrue,
strub

Is it possible to make DeltaSpike JPA recognize the standard