deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Gunzenreiner Simon <simon.gunzenrei...@axa-tech.com>
Subject RE: ContextControl for Weld EE
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 19:05:48 GMT
Thanks Mark

I have noticed 2 problems with <artifactId>jet-stream-deltaspike-cdictrl-weld</artifactId>
- when deployed in JBoss (EAP 6.0), Weld itself throws a NoClassDefFoundError, since WeldContainerControl
has dependencies on org.jboss.weld.environment.se.Weld, which is not on the JBoss classpath.
- when WeldContainerControl is removed from the jar, I get a IllegalStateException from org.jboss.weld.manager
BeanManagerImpl .getContext(). The reason is that the current deltaspike implementation simply
has Weld inject a BoundRequestContext - but for an EJB environment, an EjbRequestContextImpl
is already active.

If the EE context control scenario should actually work - shall I report bugs for these issues?

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Struberg [mailto:struberg@yahoo.de]
Sent: Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2014 19:00
To: users@deltaspike.apache.org
Subject: Re: ContextControl for Weld EE

Nope, we DO also handle contexts. Those are 2 different aspects.
The first one is booting - this obviously only makes sense in SE.
The other one is ContextControl - and this also should work in EE.

But please note that we only have a few backends yet: weld, owb and openejb. There is no wildfly
nor glassfish backend YET. Means that the cdictrl-weld _might_ work in glassfish, jbossas
or wildfly, but it is *not* guaranteed. It _would_ be easily possible to write backends for
those containers. I'd be happy about some contributions ;)

LieGrue,
strub