deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Karl Kildén <karl.kil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Type safe Navigation: Intercept all navigation?
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2014 11:46:24 GMT
well I am kind of brainstorming :-)

History is the thing. Would be useful with a Stack of visited views. Both
for the users flow control (go back to page x) and for the logical flows so
it can keep track of ie. resumable flows.

Flows can take a long time to finish for a user and they might pause and do
something else because they need to search for information etc.

Another thing are small subflows that are like detours in your normal flow.
This system fetches a lot of data automatically but for various reasons it
sometimes only finds say 70% of the data and a subflow is required to fill
in the gaps. These subflows are reused and the exit point should be the

*Flow1:Page A -> Flow1:Page B -> Incomplete data detected -> switch flow to
fix -> Flow2:Page A -> Finished, resume previous flow -> Flow1:Page C ->
Finished.*

I guess you could say that wee need to keep tabs on our users so we can
help them pause and resume flows. Some of these pauses are persisted but
not all. Some flows are only resumeable if you came "far enough"

Tracing is another smaller issue that would be prettier if you had the
visited pages as the class objects.

Something like below for end usage:

public interface FlowResolver {

    public Deque<Class<? extends ViewConfig>> getPausedFlows();

    public Deque<Class<? extends ViewConfig>> getFlowHistory();

    public Class<? extends ViewConfig> getPrevious();

    public Deque<Class<? extends ViewConfig>> getFailedFlows();

    public Deque<Class<? extends ViewConfig>> getFlowsByPriority();

}