deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Jakub Ječmínek <jecmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release date of 0.6
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2014 14:58:13 GMT
Hello John,
I could have expect this question from author of Arquillian testing guide(I
am curently reading it) :) I have absolutely no problem with arquillian and
I actually like it. But when I tried to implement it for this project
I experienced lot of problems. The project is targeted for Tomcat 7 and is
using latest Weld-servlet 2.1.2.Final, Eclipselink 2.5.1 and Deltaspike
modules(mainly core and JPA version 0.5) with JSF 2.2 + Primefaces.
The deltaspike JPA module is used for managing transactions using
TransactionalInterceptor. I tried to set up arquillian tests, using tomcat
embeded module. I packaged all dependencies with packages from application
that were part of test using ShrinkWrap but I've got exception:
 WELD-001416 Enabled interceptor class
[<class>org.apache.deltaspike.jpa.impl.transaction.TransactionalInterceptor</class>
in
jar:file:/D:/dev/experiments/arquillian-container-tomcat/tomcat-embedded-7/target/tomcat-embedded-7/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/deltaspike-jpa-module-impl-0.5.jar!/META-INF/beans.xml@24,
jar:file:/D:/dev/mavenrepository/org/apache/deltaspike/modules/deltaspike-jpa-module-impl/0.5/deltaspike-jpa-module-impl-0.5.jar!/META-INF/beans.xml@24,
<class>org.apache.deltaspike.jpa.impl.transaction.TransactionalInterceptor</class>
in
file:/D:/dev/experiments/arquillian-container-tomcat/tomcat-embedded-7/target/test-classes/META-INF/beans.xml@10]
specified twice

 I've used arquillian example as a starting point
https://github.com/arquillian/arquillian-container-tomcat/blob/master/tomcat-embedded-7

I also tried to use glassfish-embeded module but I've got similar result.
With Test-Control CDI module(I've used 0.6 snapshot) I was capable to
quickly set up test suite.
It is also very similar to SpringJUnit4ClassRunner which I have know quite
well(I have mostly spring development background).

Lately I also read this article
http://struberg.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/unit-testing-strategies-for-cdi-based-projects/where
is used similar approach for testing CDI applications over
arquillian.