deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Schön <rainer.schoen....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Project Stage in JSF and DeltaSpike - 2nd
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2013 14:46:13 GMT
I think, there is a missunderstanding. My problem is not the timing. As I wrote, the @Startup
bean does the job for the JSF project stage. The problem is here, that DS does  n o t  pick
up the ProjectStage at start up from JNDI (please see again my reply beneath).

Regrads, Rainer

Am 25.11.2013 15:33, schrieb Mark Struberg:
> timing issue.
>
> At the time @Startup beans get triggered, all the CDI booting is long time done already!
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>

>> ________________________________

think, is to set the values for ProjectStage (DS + JSF) into the JNDI environment. There you
have both at the same place. I tried to set then the desired value programmatically before
the JSF app is startet but in the web tier (ConextListener or "StartupServlet" with priority
1 and JSF servlet with priority 2) one is always to late to set the value in time. The solution
is to set up a @Singleton @Startup ejb and set the JNDI value for the JSF ProjectStage in
its @PostConstruct method (works in WAR and EAR deployments to GF4). This solution has the
advantage to have control which DS stage should comply to which JSF stage.

>> But Alas, the devil is in the details! DS does not pick up its ProjectStage from
JNDI (java:comp/env/deltaspike/ProjectStage). Where could be the problem here?

>> Regards, Rainer
>>

>> Am 21.11.2013 13:09, schrieb Mark Struberg:
>>

>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> The JSF spec does not really define environment properties for defining the ProjectStage.
As per the JSF spec (parts are only documented in the API!) there are only the following 2
ways to define the JSF ProjectStage:
>>> * JNDI java:comp/env/jsf/ProjectStage
>>> * web.xml servlet param javax.faces.PROJECT_STAGE
>>>
>>> Apache MyFaces does also pick up the ProjectStage from the environment via '-Dfaces.PROJECT_STAGE=..'
and via JNDI. See [1] for more info.
>>> I'm not sure whether Mojarra picks up those settings as well.
>>>

>>> The configuration which gets picked up in DeltaSpike itself is:
>>>
>>> * all ConfigResolver locations (JNDI + env + system + deltaspike properties,
+ custom ConfigResolvers)

>>> Currently only the following configuration gets picked up
>>> * org.apache.deltaspike.ProjectStage
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if we already have a JIRA issue for it, but the plan is to 'extend'
this behaviour within the ds-jsf-impl to also pick up the JSF locations (except web.xml I'd
say). I bet there is some hacking needed on the core-impl to allow for this to happen.
>>> Any opinions?
>>>
>>> LieGrue,
>>> strub
>>>

>>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-2545

post of October 10th, to which there was no answer: