deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From David Hooker <dudeh...@gmail.com>
Subject Some getting started questions
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 20:33:18 GMT
Hi list-

I'm using Weld as part of building a custom platform in Java SE.  I've been
pointed to deltaspike for some of the things I want to incorporate.

First, one of the things I'm looking for is declarative data queries,
pretty much exactly as seen here:
https://github.com/jboss-developer/jboss-wfk-quickstarts/blob/master/deltaspike-partialbean-advanced/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/quickstart/deltaspike/partialbeanadvanced/queryservice/PersonQueryService.java

This is based on the partial bean stuff, which I'm trying to decipher from
the examples since I can't find any docs or blogs anywhere.

So first, can someone tell me the difference between the approach here and
the data module (which I can find even less on)?

Secondly, on the partial bean stuff:  it seems that what it does is allow
me to annotate an interface and provide an InvocationHandler which will
"implement" the interface - bound together through the
PartialBeanBinding... is that right?
Can I have multiple interfaces use the same partial bean binding, having
all of them be "implemented" by the same handler?

That should get me started :-)

-David-