deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Nathan Dennis <Nathan.Den...@monarchnc.org>
Subject RE: deltaspike and authorization
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 17:57:50 GMT
Multiple ways of going about this... but since DS was all about annotations (and Mark and Jason
will probably laugh at this.. but)

@Named("inlineSecuritiesBean")
@RequestScoped
public class InlineSecuritiesBean {

        public boolean isAdmin(){
                boolean result = false;
                try {
                        result = executeAdmin();
                } catch (Exception e) {
                        //e.printStackTrace();
                        //log something
                }
                return result;
        }

        @Admin
        private boolean executeAdmin() {
                return true;
        }

Used this type of structure for each of my roles I defined. Not quite as slick as the old
seam way.. but this way I could use it pretty much anywhere without extending or maintaining
a session bean with a role list in it and test with the whole array.contains mess. just use
the annotations and let DS do the rest.

best regards,

Nathan Dennis | Software Developer
732 Greenwood Street | Albemarle, NC | 28001
Main (800) 230-7525 | Direct: 704-986-7211 | Mobile 704.984.0829
www.monarchnc.org | nathan.dennis@monarchnc.org