deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Christian Beikov <christian.bei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I18N Module
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 22:25:55 GMT
If you don't localize your texts properly you will always sooner or
later end up with differently localized messages.
In my application I know for every set of texts, in what languages they
are available. I also have a prioritized set of locale preferrences that
are orderd like:

1. user locale
2. company locale
3 - (n - 1): locales sent by the browser
n. default locale

I resolve the locale that should be used by considering these two sets
and returning the best match. When the locales that are supported are
not known it's just not possible to use my resolving algorithm. So
probably something like the following would suite the LocaleResolver
interfaces a bit more?

public Locale getLocale(Collection<Locale> supportedLocales);

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
*Christian Beikov*