deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <john.d.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Recommending DeltaSpike for Graduation to an Apache Top Level Project
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 23:34:10 GMT
Mark,

My vote isn't a -1 to DeltaSpike, she's just not ready to blossom yet.
 Maybe another month or two :-)

I will point out an issue which I don't think we've resolved yet per the
documentation on incubator.a.o

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#requirements

- We have not established whether DS is a suitable name; e.g.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20PODLINGNAMESEARCH
has
no entry for DeltaSpike.  Also we have not forwarded the vote thread to
general@i.a.o to let them know we're thinking about it.

However, most of my comments are around this section of graduation:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#community - I don't
believe we've done this too well.  There are only three developers I see on
the  list that were not on
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/DeltaSpikeProposal - In fact we now have
16 vs the original 21 proposed (technically does that mean we shrank?)

Three releases is good.  I think I even saw a podling attempt to graduate
that only released their parent POM a couple times :-)

Since this is procedural, I'm assuming we're following majority, per
http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html .  I don't believe we need
100% consensus in the matter then, correct?

John