deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <john.d.am...@gmail.com>
Subject DISCUSS DeltaSpike-324
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:12:49 GMT
All,

I'd like to open the floor to discussion for porting JMS 2 features to
DeltaSpike, specifically the features that added some CDI capabilities to
JMS.

Details of my rough proposal are here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DELTASPIKE-324

Importing these features start to deprecate functionality in Seam JMS
(ideal).  These features would give access to an API very similar to the
JMS2 API around CDI injection.

Some limitations:

- This would not be a JMS implementation, simply an inspired interface for
use in Java EE 6/JMS 1.x that leveraged CDI injection based on the rules
for CDI injection of these interfaces.  We would bring in very similar
annotations that supported the injection of the three target types.

- Cannot use the exact interface, since the interface implements
AutoCloseable which is a Java SE 7 interface.  DeltaSpike uses Java SE 6
for a compiler.

- Internally these would have to use the current JMS interfaces of
connection, session.

- Testing would be feasible but require a full Java EE container (e.g. no
testing in Weld/OWB directly) that supported deployment of destinations at
runtime.  Since this doesn't touch MDBs we can manually read from the
destination.

John