deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [incubator-deltaspike] [DELTASPIKE-316] Upgrade to latest pax-cdi requirements for cdi extensions (#1)
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 09:39:39 GMT
Here is the mail I sent a few weeks ago to ops4j about the pax-cdi changes

During the last weeks, I worked on PAX CDI to solve some of the problems I
had in trying to have camel-cdi (which uses deltaspike) working in Karaf.

For that, I changed quite a bit of things, mainly the way CDI bundles an
extensions are packaged / discovered and extended.

The main change is that CDI bundles now need to opt-in with the following
manifest header:
   Require-Capability = osgi.extender; filter:="(osgi.extender=pax.cdi)"

Extension bundles must advertise their extensions using
   Provide-Capability = org.ops4j.pax.cdi.extension;
extension=deltaspike-core-impl

And bean bundles requiring an extension have to specify it using
   Require-Capability = org.ops4j.pax.cdi.extension;
filter:="(extension=deltaspike-core-impl)"

Transitive extensions dependencies are discovered, so that in my case, I
have camel-cdi providing an extension, but requiring deltaspike-core-impl
and deltaspike-core-api.  The OSGi resolver takes care about wiring the
extensions to the bean bundle and the extender  simply find the wired
extensions and use them when creating the container.