deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Kildén <karl.kil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DeltaSpike Roadmap
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 08:31:09 GMT
Hi Thomas, fellow user here.

BV is as you may know specified in JSR-303. It has great implementations by
myfaces and hibernate that you can find easily. Thus this will not be
implemented in deltaspike afaik. However providing some common constraints
beyond the specification sounds like a good idea. Note that in the mean
while @Email is almost trivial to implement yourself if you search it a
little. JSR-303 is highly extensible just like CDI. The implementation you
choose might have it as an extra already.

For frontend extras I can't say I see an obvious home in deltaspike
(someone correct me if I am wrong about this). But I think for now
Deltaspike is more backend oriented. I recommend having a look at omnifaces
that already provide several great custom jsf-validators and has an open
request for users to ask for additional ones.

best regards / Karl