deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Moulliard <ch0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: @Startup like?
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 08:13:57 GMT
+1

I completely agree with you to have CDI equivalent in DeltaSpike project.
That will avoid to add a

-Java Main class to boot the project

or like in weld - OSGI

- something like this

@Singleton
public class MainApp {

    public void onStartup(@Observes
BundleContainerEvents.BundleContainerInitialized event) {
 }

    public void onShutdown(@Observes
BundleContainerEvents.BundleContainerShutdown event) {
    }

}

Regards,

Charles

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau
<rmannibucau@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> after a talk with Charles i wonder if we couldn't add a kind of
> @Startup/@LoadOnStartup  feature to DS.
>
> The idea could be to for the init of some bean with the last cdi event at
> startup.
>
> It could be used to force some init in standalone (cdictrl) or without
> being dependent of the environment (JSE, JEE, Web...)
>
> wdyt?
>
> *Romain Manni-Bucau*
> http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/>

Charles Moulliard