deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Porter <lightguard...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Seam XML config
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 14:54:59 GMT
On Oct 12, 2012, at 7:58, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:

> oki, it seems we have a start.
>
> The only technical restriction so far is that there is only 1 bean per class possible
in CDI-1.0.
> Apart from that I would like to extend the configuration from Seam-XML with regexp to
allow wildcard applying.
> So far for the features.
>
> A few questions from the peanut gallery:
>
> * What is the configuration format? I assume XML is perfectly fine. It's easy to hack
an own Extension for other formats. And XML is perfectly descriptive and with a schema it's
also easy to use.

Works for me. We could even push off the work to other classes or have the provider of the
config be a DS configuration if someone wants to write a different config provider.

> * What should the name of this module be? modules/xmlconfig ? Or do we keep the modules
for various EE stuff and just add a xmlconfig (or other name) to the root?

Works fine me either way. Do we feel we have enough of a reason for this to be core?