deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: proposal for JSF Messages
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 21:26:14 GMT
Yes, that was the final idea.

I originally thought about extending the @MessageBundle and let the interface optionally return
a String[]. But I think this is too complex to get right

Instead I'd rather introduce a
Message#toString(String category); and

Message#toString(MessageContext context, String category);

for a “{hello_you}" you can have entries in your properties file

hello_you = Hello You
hello_you.detail = Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen!

If a user just returns a String in his interface, then both detail and summary will be set
with the same text
If a user returns a Message, then we can look deeper.

LieGrue,
strub