deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Leathem <bleat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] roadmap for deltaspike-0.4-incubating
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 14:45:02 GMT
On Mon 24 Sep 2012 03:31:11 PM PDT, Mark Struberg wrote:
> Yes +1 for typesafe views. We should also take a look at what we did in CODI.

Agreed - we'll take the best-of-breed approach.

> I think the main difference is that seam3 uses enums whereas we had annotated interfaces.
>
> Both ways have pros and cons. On the plus side for the interface approach is that we
are not only typesafe but can also add further annotations like @Secured directly at the ViewConfig.

We'll have to dig in here.  A deep-dive into the
advantages/disadvantages of both approaches.

> PS: I like to get back to DS and start massive work next week. I'd like to begin with
the @ViewScoped Context (including an 'abstract context' framework in core) and JSF integration
for messages.

For me I'll have some time for this after Java One.

Brian