deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Leathem <bleat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] roadmap for deltaspike-0.4-incubating
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 19:28:03 GMT
Hello Spikers!

It is indeed great to hear DeltaSpike has progressed far enough along to
look at JSF integration.  I'll free up some cycles to lend a hand here,
as there are some features from Seam Faces that I'd like to see move along.

In particular I like the type-safe "view configuration" feature from
Seam Faces, and would like to see something similar to in DeltaSpike.
With this type-safe view configuration, we were able to set: page
access, url rewriting, some faces-config setttings, and we had a
prototype for configuring view actions.  Doing this in a type-safe
manner, rather than xml, offered a number of advantages -- but I don't
think I need to get into the benefits for type-safety with this crowd ;)

Brian

On 12-08-24 02:30 AM, Adrian Gonzalez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Very good news for the JSF module !
>
> Is there somewhere the list of expected features for the JSF module ?
>
> Here's a list of features that I would personnally use as a JSF developer in my day to
day work (ranking from most used to least used).

> If this list doesn't have any sense to you, please just drop the mail ;)
>

> * s:viewAction
>   For those not having JSF 2.2
> * UIInputContainer
>    http://docs.jboss.org/seam/3/faces/latest/reference/en-US/html/components.html#UIInputContainer
> * Exception
>    JSF ExceptionHandler for DS Exception (c.f. Seam Faces Module)
> * ProjectStage
>    Automatically bind to JSF projectStage
> * Locale and MessageResolver
>   Automatically bind to JSF locale and message.
> * Scopes (CODI ViewAccess, CODI Conversation, ...)
> * Security
>    authentication, El to handle authorization / permission
>   something like #{s:hasRole('admin')}, #{identify.login}
>   see JSF scenarii in https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DeltaSpike/Security+Module+Drafts
> * Theme handling
>    http://docs.jboss.org/seam/2.2.2.Final/reference/en-US/html/i18n.html#d0e14307
> * Seam Application Framework
>    Or something similar / simple to use and understand.
>    http://docs.jboss.org/seam/2.2.2.Final/reference/en-US/html/framework.htmlBest regards,
>
> Best regards,
> ________________________________
> De : Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de>
> À : deltaspike <deltaspike-dev@incubator.apache.org>
> Envoyé le : Vendredi 24 août 2012 10h35
> Objet : [DISCUSS] roadmap for deltaspike-0.4-incubating
>
> Hi folks!
>
> It's time to start working on ds-0.4-incubating.
>

> Here is my personal list of things I like to work on:
>
> * review/cleanup our JPA module
> * review ConfigurableDataSource in hindsight of JPA in EE6
> * add JSF module
> * migrate over @ViewScoped
> * add ComparableQualifier to the core
>

> I'd like to start with adding the @ViewScoped stuff (as I wrote the original parts for
both codi and seam3), the ComparableQualifier and later on do the JPA cleanup.