deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Missing features for Seam 3 users adoption
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 21:19:53 GMT
hi @ all,

since our plan is to get deltaspike in a good shape by v0.9, it's imo
pretty obvious that we have to start with the jsf module soon (as well as
with some other modules) and nobody questioned it so far.
however, in view of planned features for release x nothing is a "must". we
are a community centric open-source project and nothing else.

since we communicate that until v1 even apis can change, we will see some
early adaptors and people who start to experiment with it (which is great
and important).
however, imo most users will join after the api is stable. at least that's
also what i hear on a regular basis - users are very interested in
deltaspike, but they will (or have to) wait until it's stable.

for now it's way more important to move on faster as a (dev-)community
(independent of the topic).
it's really very important to get more reviewers during the dev process.
besides code-reviews also the documentation, examples,... are very
important.
we just can do it fast(er), if more people join the effort actively. right
now we have about 4 (of more than 20) committers who join the effort on a
regular basis.
getting new contributors (and therefore potential committers) is important,
but as a >short term< goal i would be happy to see more activity from
existing committers.

regards,
gerhard