deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Porter <lightguard...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 14:33:55 GMT
Wow, long thread already.

+1 for using Bootstrap for the site. I've used some others in the past, but
Bootstrap is by far the easiest to get up and moving quickly. I would
change the default colors, drop or modify the default navigation bar and
use some of the more stylized components sparingly. In the jdf site we
pretty used Bootstrap for the grid system and some of the components. It
has worked out quite well.

The basic landing page, according to most of the research done by others,
should include some sort of eye catching element at the top, a large
graphic, a video, etc. A CTA (call to action), in our case probably a
download or basic tutorial. Information about the project in two or three
short columns, and lastly all of the standard contact, about, etc stuff at
the bottom.

We'll also want to do something with a responsive web framework (again
another reason for bootstrap). If we ignore mobile devices it becomes
difficult to retrofit the site for their use later on.

--
Jason Porter
http://lightguard-jp.blogspot.com

Software Engineer