deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Anil Saldhana <anilsaldh...@gmail.com>
Subject Review of Security/IDM
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 22:20:25 GMT
Hi All,
   I wanted to share some of my thoughts on the security module work (
https://github.com/sbryzak/DeltaSpike/tree/security/) championed by Shane.

1) Is it be possible to have the IDM API/SPI as a standalone jar such that
oss projects outside of Deltaspike intending to have an IDM implementation
do not need the entire DS security stack? In my view the security module
can definitely be viewed as IDM and Non-IDM
2) The User type does not seem to store binary data about the user - such
as OTP tokens, X509 certificates etc.  These can be stored/retrieved from
Identity Stores (both DB and LDAP).  The Identity Model (primarily the User
type) should be able to help store things such as "Questions/Answers for
password retrieval", "Pictures displayed during login".  I think the User
type having facilities to store binary attributes would suffice for this.
3) Rename the IDM User class to UserType.  It will confuse everyone with
the API level User class (that is used for credential based authentication).

Regards,
Anil
anil@apache.org