deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Smeral <rsme...@redhat.com>
Subject Firing container lifecycle events out of order
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 19:02:52 GMT
Hi all,

my question is: is firing container lifecycle events from event handlers
out of their defined order OK? I noticed that all DeltaSpike extensions
expect the events to be fired in the spec-defined order (otherwise NPEs
occur). However, I ran into a scenario (though experimental) where the
ProcessAnnotatedType event is fired programmatically from the
BeforeBeanDiscovery handler. It happens e.g. in Solder's XmlConfigExtension.
Should such behaviour be taken into account? Did I miss some line in the
spec saying firing container lifecycle events out of order is banned? Or
is it just expected not to happen?

Regards,

--
Ron Smeral