deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Marius Bogoevici <marius.bogoev...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] deltaspike-spring in v0.4 ?
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 19:20:35 GMT
All,

I know that it is a final the final stretch for 0.3 so all the energy is
flowing in that direction, however, as a 0.4 release is brewing, I think
it is a good moment to discuss whether a Spring bridge should be
included in the 0.4 release. I believe that such a module should be
included now, based on the fact that Java EE 6 is gaining momentum, and
a number of developers I recently encountered have asked about ways to
reuse their existing Spring codebase with the newly available features
in Java EE 6. It is possible to direct people to Seam Spring and such,
however it is clear from the start that those libraries will need to be
replaced soon.

So, I'd like to start a more in-depth discussion about features and
design. An early glimpse is on the wiki page
https://cwiki.apache.org/DeltaSpike/spring-cdi-integration.html, but
that is mostly providing a frame of refernence.

I plan to start the discussion over the weekend, or as early as possible
next week, but IMO for it to make sense the first step is clarifying
that such a module could potentially be included on the 0.4 roadmap
(knowing that the roadmap for 0.4 is yet to be defined). As I said, from
my point of view this is a critically important item, and can be
addressed now, given how the general-purpose facilities of DeltaSpike
are in place.

WDYT?

Cheers,
Marius