deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Pete Muir <pm...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [DELTASPIKE-175] [DELTASPIKE-219] @Transactional
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 12:58:19 GMT
In Seam 2 we:

* checked if UT was available in JNDI, and used it if it were
* checked if there was a CMT transaction, and used it (IIRC this wwas to work around abug)
* otherwise tried to use a resource local transaction (e.g. from Hibernate)
* allowed the user to override and specify one strategy

In Seam 3 we did the same.

So I like option 1.

On 5 Jul 2012, at 10:03, Arne Limburg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> yesterday I startet working on the JTA support for @Transactional.
> My current approach is to implement a JtaPersistenceStrategy.
> However that leads me to the problem: Who decides which PersistenceStrategy should be
taken and how should this decision be made?
> I have three suggestions:
>
> 1.      We detect, if a UserTransaction is available, if so, the JtaPersistenceStrategy
is taken, otherwise the ResourceLocalPersistenceStrategy is taken.

> 2.      We detect, if the involved persistence units use JTA or RESOURCE_LOCAL (which
would lead to another question: Would we like to support, that @Transactional mixes both strategies?)
and decide from that information