deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Sabot-Durand <anto...@sabot-durand.net>
Subject Re: v0.4-incubating adding Seam Config (xml config)
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 09:20:50 GMT
+1 I agree with Pete on this but we should pay attention to Candi compatibility. Seam config
crashes with Caucho Candi which already has its own xml config solution. Having introduced
it in JBoss Solder made Seam 3 incompatible with Resin.

I agree that core is a good place for xml config as long as we check that it won't make Deltaspike
unusable with Resin.

Antoine

Le 7 juil. 2012 à 12:33, Pete Muir a écrit :

> +1 to adding it from me.
>
> XML config is probably the feature (as opposed to enhancement to existing feature or
"bug" fix) most requested for CDI. I think we need something like this in DeltaSpike, in order
to fulfil our goals.

> A non compiled format such as XML (or YAML or ...) makes a lot of sense for *configuration*
of an application (as opposed to wiring [1]),

> As Jason said, this is the only known XML config (dialect and impl) for CDI, so I think
it's quite uncontroversial. The "API" of the config is actually the XML dialect, which has
received a lot of attention in the past (designed for CDI 1.0, so fully reviewed by the EG).

> BTW I'm not understanding why putting it in a separate module makes a difference? It's
dependencies are basically zero (CDI API and SAX, which is in the JDK), and I think if it
goes in it's own package, it shouldn't cause contention on class files. Personally, I think
this is a core concern, and as it doesn't introduce dependencies can go easily into the core.