deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: WG: Re: [DISCUSS] I18N MessageTemplate
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 20:27:01 GMT
1.) The EL support for making it usable directly inside JSF pages sounds really reasonable!
As we already create a dynamic bean, we can for sure also return a Bean#getName().

Can you please create an own Jira for it? I think this is more a 0.4 feature, as this is more
of a frontend use case.

2.) I need to think about regarding the getXxx stuff.

3.) I don't like the base path, but a general property file name inside the @MessageBundle
would be a big benefit I think. -> 0.4

LieGrue,
strub

PS: and welcome to deltaspike ;)

>________________________________

one would do the same the only difference would be where to get resources. If i were able
to define the base path via annotation i would not have the work to do that by myself.

>The thing with the convention would be fine if it would be possible to define the behavior
at interpreting the method name as property key. We do have a lots of message with the syntax
MY_KEY. But the method name should be getMyKey();

>This leads me to another question is it possible to acess the implementation of the interface
via EL in the view?
>We do have an message bean which provides the messages. It is application scoped cdi bean.
>We thougt we could extract an interface an use the created implementation in the view.
I must admit i do not know how the implementation of the interface gets created within the
i18N module.