deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Pete Muir <pm...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: cdi-query
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 15:12:45 GMT

On 27 Jun 2012, at 05:43, Thomas Hug wrote:

> @Mark, +1 on not being excessive on the amount of modules. As a user I don't think I'd
like maintaining another x dependencies, those POMs are usually big enough :-) Anyway, depending
on the amount of features integrating for such a query API, that might well fall into the
"decent size" category.

Agreed, I think the main thing to do is be flexible here. If a module starts to look unwieldy
we can split it in two.

> @Pete, +1 for the ServiceHandler - IMO very convenient when using methods just as metadata
(e.g. for calling stored procs, obviously JPA queries or a JAX-RS client).

> @Jason, Bernard: Agree that I have rarely used the Home API in a productive application,
still I found it quite handy for prototyping. Could be useful to add this on top of a query
API (and create e.g. a Forge scaffolding provider?).

> Cheers,
> Tom

are 2 reasons for introducing a new module:
> .) a dependency to another project or EE api (like jta, jpa, jsf)
> .) an area which is an completely own block and has a decent size (min ~30..50 new classes)
>
> Since the whole JPA area doesn't have more than 10 classes yet, I do not see a reason
for introducing a new API for them.

> Also the whole EE vs SE is moot imo. Either we have a new API or not. The classic J2EE
patterns are dead dead dead anyway. EE-6 gave us much better possibilities, so we should use
them and not fall back to _old_ EE patterns.

> What we could do is to disucss whether the 'jta' module would better called 'deltaspike-jpa-ee'
and not only contain JTA but also TransactionAttributeType handling from EJB?

> LieGrue,
> strub

>>> deltaspike-jpa-transaction