deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Sabot-Durand <anto...@sabot-durand.net>
Subject Re: About Converter framework vote
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 08:20:29 GMT
I was obviously not clear enough. I didn't say DS should redevelop
what already exist but should perhaps integrate it.
When I read that there are no use cases for converter since JSF
provides it, it makes me react.

Antoine

Le 14 juin 2012 à 09:51, Pete Muir <pmuir@redhat.com> a écrit :

> Agree with Mark, much better to CDI enable a converter framework in DS, than make a whole
converter framework :-)

> On 14 Jun 2012, at 07:21, Mark Struberg wrote:
>
>> Hi Antoine!
>>
>> DS is imo clearly not only targeting JSF!
>>
>> And I wasn't saying that a Converter framework wont be fine.
>>
>> BUT: writing this _properly_ is a pretty complex task, and it has barely to do with
DeltaSpike as it is not CDI depending. In fact, if I would do such a thing, I'd keep all the
Converter logic purely native Java and additionally provide bindings to CDI and Spring.

>> I think there is already some Converter work done in Apache commons btw. - a converter
framework in commons which can be used universally is the way to go imo.