deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Hug <Thomas....@ctp-consulting.com>
Subject RE: cdi-query
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 09:43:24 GMT
@Mark, +1 on not being excessive on the amount of modules. As a user I don't think I'd like
maintaining another x dependencies, those POMs are usually big enough :-) Anyway, depending
on the amount of features integrating for such a query API, that might well fall into the
"decent size" category.

@Pete, +1 for the ServiceHandler - IMO very convenient when using methods just as metadata
(e.g. for calling stored procs, obviously JPA queries or a JAX-RS client).

@Jason, Bernard: Agree that I have rarely used the Home API in a productive application, still
I found it quite handy for prototyping. Could be useful to add this on top of a query API
(and create e.g. a Forge scaffolding provider?).

Cheers,
Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Struberg [mailto:struberg@yahoo.de]
Sent: Dienstag, 26. Juni 2012 07:58
To: deltaspike-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: cdi-query

I fear that would get us into jarmageddon...

We discussed the module structure at the very beginning, and we all concluded that there are
2 reasons for introducing a new module:
.) a dependency to another project or EE api (like jta, jpa, jsf)
.) an area which is an completely own block and has a decent size (min ~30..50 new classes)

Since the whole JPA area doesn't have more than 10 classes yet, I do not see a reason for
introducing a new API for them.

Also the whole EE vs SE is moot imo. Either we have a new API or not. The classic J2EE patterns
are dead dead dead anyway. EE-6 gave us much better possibilities, so we should use them and
not fall back to _old_ EE patterns.

What we could do is to disucss whether the 'jta' module would better called 'deltaspike-jpa-ee'
and not only contain JTA but also TransactionAttributeType handling from EJB?

LieGrue,
strub