deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Re : [VOTE] Converter framework
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 07:11:42 GMT
Hi Adrian!

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, you hit the point: DS is not a MVC framework. We support existing frameworks and enhance
them with cool CDI functionality. But we do not provide orthogonal functionality which has
almost no CDI connex. At least that's my understanding. Others, please add your view as well..

Again: Converters are really usable, but DS is imo simply the wrong home for them.
I think the Apache Commons project is a much better fit for a Converter framework. This would
also guarantee much better reuse.

Commons people are really friendly folks and

LieGrue,
strub