deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Porter <lightguard...@gmail.com>
Subject ProjectStageProducers before ProjectStage?
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 05:19:43 GMT
As it currently exists in both v0.1 and v0.2 if there is a custom
ProjectStagProducer that value will be used for the project stage instead
any ProjectStage listed in another config. Example:

custom producer sets stage to MyProjectStage

LocalJndi, SystemProperty, EnvironmentProperty or even an
apache-deltaspike.properties file say project stage should be something
else.

The final value for project stage will be MyProjectStage.

Is this really how we want it? I could certainly see admins and developers
thinking it should not. You also can't unset a value with some other config
earlier in the chain.

My current thoughts are that we should first look for a ProjectStage value,
then a ProjectStageProducer if a ProjectStage is not found. If neither of
those are set, then set the project stage to Production as we are currently
now doing it.

WDYT?

--
Jason Porter