deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Ales Justin <ales.jus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CDI annotations in OSGi
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 22:21:53 GMT
This will be (or, actually, already is) part of Weld Core project.
We just need to bump the version, as it requires some API changes.
Then it will be part of our upstream.

Dunno how Weld specific it is, but guessing it shouldn't be much.
Hence it could make sense to turn it into DS component.

-Ales

> Has anyone seen this before?  Wonder if it might make sense as a DeltaSpike component.
>

> -David
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: David Bosschaert <david.bosschaert@gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: CDI annotations in OSGi
>> Date: March 29, 2012 2:23:58 PM PDT
>> To: dev@aries.apache.org
>>
>> FYI - something like this has also been implemented in the Weld-OSGi
>> project: https://github.com/mathieuancelin/weld-osgi
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> David

I think the CDI annotation model is a lot better in all ways than blueprint.

a self-contained set of components with no relationship to anything outside the bundle you
need a way to consume osgi services from CDI components and expose CDI beans as services.
 I haven't seen a proposal on how to do this.

>>> A CDI Extension should be able to export all the services from OSGi into CDI.
 The extension could easily export too, if you wanted.

>>> Rick Hightower wrote a bi-directional CDI/Spring bridge using that technique.
 Should be illuminating for bridging OSGi and CDI:

>>> http://rick-hightower.blogspot.com/2011/04/spring-meet-cdi-cdi-meet-spring.html
>>>

>>> -David

get this running and report on what I have found. Perhaps Charles can also comment on this
as he seems to be one of the drivers behind the efforts on the openejb side. I am not sure
if he watches this list. I will also ask on the openejb list.

require the openejb bundle and you have to use an Activator.
an extender that finds the trigger (META-INF/beans.xml) and initializes the bundle accordingly.
on eclipse RCP bundles which is not good for a server deployment.