deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From "Lincoln Baxter, III" <lincolnbax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Security and IDM for DeltaSpike
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 17:29:06 GMT
I think there are a few key things to keep in mind for our security
solution:

   1. Accurate, intuitive documentation with a clear path to get started.
   2. Technically correct implementation that allows for things like custom
   password encryption strategies.
   3. Consistent API/SPI package naming

What was done in Seam Security is very good, but the extension points were
all over the place. It was unclear when to use PicketLink APIs and when to
use Seam Security APIs. The process of specifying identity management
implementations was a bit strange. You had to set the authentication
strategy you want to use into a bean manually before attempting that form
of authentication.

I think it would be nice to specify many types of authentication strategies
which would determine which type of authentication is being invoked (chain
of responsibility) and handle that automatically. Of course there should
also be a programmatic API to control this explicitly, but it should not be
required up front.

~Lincoln

--
Lincoln Baxter, III