deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Pete Muir <pm...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:59:14 GMT
My first thoughts:

* the API should be fluent - always return an instance of the bootstrap API class
* I would prefer to avoid the use of the word container, on the whole the spec avoids that
term as it's overloaded
* I'm unsure of why you want to start the contexts with such granularity, and want to understand
the use cases better. I'm not really sure why you want to control this outside the main start/stop
methods...
* I would prefer start/stop to boot/shutdown - again, slightly less meaning attached to the
terms which might be confusing
* Make sure that this class has the same methods as the CDI class from CDI 1.1, so that we
don't make people change their API too much