deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IP discussion
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2012 16:46:09 GMT
On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Pete Muir <pmuir@redhat.com> wrote:
> We need to ensure all non-Red Hat contributors to Seam 3 whose code we migrate to DeltaSpike
have either signed the Deltaspike CLAs OR can provide a statement that the license the code
to the Apache Foundation AIUI.

I would support this statement, with the clarification that
"DeltaSpike CLAs" => ASF ICLA, acknowledging a context of
Seam-to-DeltaSpike.

Matt

> On 15 Jan 2012, at 16:28, Antoine Sabot-Durand wrote:
>
>> what about individuals like me ? Or about IP of code coming from other project ?
In Seam social, I get lots of services API binding from Spring Social (an ASL2 license project).
I there any issue about that ?

>> regards,
>>
>> Antoine SABOT-DURAND
>>
>> Le 15 janv. 2012 à 16:59, Mark Struberg a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Thanks Matt for bringing this up! This is definitely something we must do before
thinking about a -incubating-0.1 release.

>>> Btw, I'll now rename the version to reflect the incubation status .
>>>
>>> Mark Little from JBoss was the manager at RedHat/JBoss who was involved in preparing
the incubator proposal. But Shane and Jason for sure know whom to ping.