deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Warski <ad...@softwaremill.pl>
Subject Joining the project
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 18:14:03 GMT
Hello,

I'm one of the founders of SoftwareMill [1]. We are using CDI extensively since early Weld
releases and we have developed our custom set of extensions [2]. I am also working together
with Ɓukasz Lenart, who as I have seen already applied to join the project [3].

I think it would be great if we could contribute some of our extensions to the DeltaSpike
project. I have yet to go through the initial proposal, but I think good candidates are things
like autofactories/assisted inject, static bean inject (probably will be solved in CDI 1.1),
object services, stackable interceptors. But first - formalities :)

I am not quite sure how Apache exactly handles cases like this. Do you think it would be better
(and at all possible) if we joined as a company? Is there some legal work required with it?
Or do you rather prefer individuals to apply and get approved?

[1] http://www.softwaremill.com
[2] https://github.com/softwaremill/softwaremill-common
[3] http://apache-deltaspike-incubator-discussions.2316169.n4.nabble.com/How-to-join-td4323493.html

Regards,