deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Arne Limburg <arne.limb...@openknowledge.de>
Subject AW: [DISCUSS] [DELTASPIKE-54] AnnotationInstanceProvider
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 12:37:21 GMT
+0.5 from me, too.

At least we need a method to create a memberless annotation as Pete suggests. In addition
there should be a simple way to create an annotation that has just a value() attribute.
Additionally I am thinking about a more typesafe approach, but I am afraid we can't find one.

So imho at least we need
provider.get(SimpleAnnotation.class)
and maybe
provider.get(AnnotationWithOneAttribute.class, attributeValue)

And the get(...) has to check the types of the values to get a fail-fast-behavior.

regards,
Arne

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Pete Muir [mailto:pmuir@redhat.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2012 13:17
An: deltaspike-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [DISCUSS] [DELTASPIKE-54] AnnotationInstanceProvider

+0.5 from me as well.

I would want to see AnnotationInstanceProvider enhanced to have the ability to create a memberless
annotation instance without having to provide an empty map as an argument.

I would like to spend some time considering a type safe approach such as Matt's *in addition
to* the map of values, which as Gerhard mentions we will need for XML config.