deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject The IT test explained
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2012 09:13:18 GMT
Hi!

Gerhard and I yesterday night did some changes to the testing environment.
Since I'll be on holidays this week I like to quickly explain how it works (or at least is
intended to work):

1.) core/impl/src/test/java will be compiled and tested
  1.a.) the core tests will be packaged to a jar and treated as 'attached artifact'. Thus
you'll get a file
~/.m2/repository/org/apache/deltaspike/core/deltaspike-core-impl/0.1-SNAPSHOT/deltaspike-core-impl-0.1-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar

2.) before running the integration-tests,
  2.a.) the tests from core have been added as dependency and all the **/*Test.class classes
will get extracted to
 core/integration-test/target/coretests/

  2.b.) There is now a 2nd surefire <execution> which picks up those tests via
<configuration>
    <testClassesDirectory>${project.build.directory}/coretests/</testClassesDirectory>
    ..

I already deleted a few of our duplicated tests, but I'm sure there is yet more to do...

LieGrue,
strub

PS:
I'm almost sure I broke a few container tests because we still figure how we can set the ProjectStage
on any remote Arquillian container.

Aslak, is there a way to programmatically 'deploy' a JNDI entry or system property to the
remote container under test?