deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Korherr <jakob.korh...@gmail.com>
Subject separate parent module - why not use the pom.xml from the main folder as parent?
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 22:58:26 GMT
Hi,

I just checked the initial code in our git repo and found out that we
have a separate parent module. Is there a reason why this module was
created (I couldn't find a discussion about it)?

IMO it is a lot better and easier to simply use the pom.xml in the
main folder as the parent-pom for each module rather than having an
own parent module. In MyFaces we have had quite a lot of problems with
confused developers and confused tools (e.g. maven site generation),
because we used the separate parent-module (e.g. in MyFaces ExtVal).
That's the reason why we did this differently in CODI (I remember
having a parent module in the very first draft of CODI too, but then
changing it to the way it is now).

This way we could also get rid of the relativePath declarations in the
poms of our modules (e.g.
<relativePath>../parent/pom.xml</relativePath>).

WDYT?

Regards,
Jakob

--