deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Rudy De Busscher <rdebussc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [DELTASPIKE-28] ServiceProvider
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 10:49:11 GMT
Hi all,

> Basically this VOTE is about "should we support Java5" ?

I would say yes.

Since this project also wants to support non EE6 containers, like jetty,
tomcat or plain SE or even EE5 containers like JBoss 5, it is important to
have Java5 compatibility. (Currently developing something for Websphere 6)

And to my knowledge, the new language constructs and methods are limited in
Java6 and thus not a major issue.

just my thought

Regards
Rudy