deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petra...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] config based exclude
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 00:56:14 GMT
hi @ all,

i've seen a lot of objections concerning the specified behaviour that every
(non-abstract) class in a cdi archive is a bean managed by the cdi
container.
that's basically a topic for the cdi spec. itself, however, we can also
think about an additional feature for the bda-impl module of deltaspike.

since we are going to discuss a low-level config [1] which is also
available during the bootstrapping process of a cdi container, we could
think about introducing something like:
"exclude-package" and "auto-exclude"

auto-exclude would #veto all classes without an explicit scope annotation
(the default scope is Dependent - but if auto-exclude is activated a
default scope wouldn't be supported. the problem with such a default scope
is that you don't know if it is intended that there isn't a specified
scope.)

regards,
gerhard

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DELTASPIKE-36