deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Sabot-Durand <anto...@sabot-durand.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][DELTASPIKE-14] "Generic Beans"
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 21:28:18 GMT
Gerhard,

Le 20 déc. 2011 à 17:30, Gerhard Petracek a écrit :

> hi antoine,
>
> imo we need at least a short but correct description as well as a clear
> vision (e.g. at least one real-world use-case which shows that there is a
> real benefit for users).

Totally agree on that. I'll work on a complete description (try to provide something before
my vacation at the end of the week)

> @seam-social:
> it's nice that you could use it there, but currently i can't see the need
> to use it (compared to std. cdi concepts). imo we have to discuss if the
> approach justifies the qualifier tricks.

Generic beans are only helpers I could have done the same with CDI but it would have been
less friendly for people extending Social framework (adding support for a new service)

> (-> it's important that all of us understand the use-case/s for it as well
> as the basic concept (of generic beans) before we start the discussion).

That's why I'll start from my needs and the scenario without Generic to measure the comfort
they bring.