deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Porter <lightguard...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: git workflow
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 19:58:48 GMT
Preference here, but -1 for rebase merging. I personally like seeing where everything came
from.

I get scared when I see people suggesting rebase all the time, not because I'm afraid of rebase,
but for people new(er) to git, rebase is confusing and often leads to problems.

If we want to rebase and fast-forward merge everything to the main repo, which is controlled
by the main development team I'm okay with that. I just don't want to tell new contributors
they need to understand rebase or have them come into irc or the mailing list saying their
repo is fubar.

Sent from my iPhone