deltaspike-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Re : [DISCUSS] config based exclude
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 07:51:54 GMT
CDI treats each and every class which doesn't have an explicite scope as @Dependent.
I also really dislike this, but we cannot easily change this in the spec now as it would break
backward compatibility.

You can basically exclude beans already in CDI-1.0 by using the @Typed() annotation.

The problem is that this is pretty un-intuitive and not well known. But it works well in all
containers and doesn't even need any Extension.

That's the reason why I'm not happy with any other name than @Veto. And @Veto only for compat
reasons with Seam3. All other names are just equally worse and it would be easier to spread
the word about @Typed()

The 'auto-exclude' is a new thing of course. It allows to exclude whole packages, but I fear
this might be error prone.

Btw we should try to minimize our own annotation scanning as it a.) costs PermGenSpace and
b.) costs time.

LieGrue,
strub