deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From marios <mar...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: October 2014 report: no PMC resources to pay attention
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 07:16:56 GMT
On 21/01/15 08:47, Chris Mattmann wrote:
> Hi DeltaCloud PMC,
>
> Your October 2014 report stated that the PMC “no longer had resources
> to dedicate the required attention” e.g., to contributions and patches,
> etc. that are still requiring approval.
>
> I was given an action at the ASF board meeting to address this - what
> are your community plans to address this issue?
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
> (on behalf of the Apache Board)

Hi Chris,

thanks for reaching out. The reality of the situation is that the main
(original) drivers of Deltacloud have sinced moved on to other projects
(and professional obligations)[1]. Whilst contributions to Deltacloud
have come from a great number of different individuals/organisations the
fast pace at which these were reviewed and included was to a great
degree supported by a dedicated team of engineers at Red Hat.

I am not sure what the way forward is (or familiar with any process the
foundation may have in place for such cases). Whilst the mailing list is
quieter than it used to be, there is still community interest in
Deltacloud (e.g., a new provider driver from Ilkka Tengvall in November
[2]). I'd also be grateful for any thoughts from anyone else in the PMC.
I haven't yet reached out to Ilkka but he could for example be a good
candidate to be voted in as contributor?

Thanks very much for your guidance,

all the best, marios

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/deltacloud-dev/201305.mbox/%3C518D0F79.4000901%40redhat.com%3E