deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Mötzing <christian.moetz...@novatec-gmbh.de>
Subject Re: Deltacloud EC2 Driver
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 14:04:34 GMT
Update on item number 2.)
This call works:
client.create_instance ami, :hwp_id => instance_type, :keyname => key, :firewalls1 =>
firewall
I previously forgot the additional s at firewalls1. I wonder why plural is used.

Another thing on states:
client.instance_states lists me following states

Name: start || Transitions: pending
Name: pending || Transitions: running stopping stopped
Name: running || Transitions: running stopping
Name: stopping || Transitions: stopped finish
Name: stopped || Transitions: running finish
Name: finish || Transitions:

Are those states the same for all drivers? Or do they somehow the specific states of the cloud
provider? EC2 has a state TERMINATED (see here http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/ec2-instance-lifecycle.html
) which seems not to be covered as mentioned before. The state finish, which listed by deltacloud,
does not show up in EC2's list. I can see how I can reach the state finish with EC2. Can it
be that there is a missing mapping between finish and TERMINATED?

With kind regards

Christian Mötzing
Consultant

NOVA TEC // Consulting GmbH
Dieselstrasse 18/1 // D-70771 Leinfelden-Echterdingen

	phone: 	+49 711 22040-718
	fax: 	+49 711 22040-899
	mobile: 	+49 1608806281
	e-mail: 	christian.moetzing@novatec-gmbh.de

	web: 	www.novatec-gmbh.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Waldenbuch // Handelsregister: Stuttgart – HRB 739078
Geschäftsführer: Hans-Dieter Brenner // Michael Schuchart // Albrecht Stäbler