deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From "Koper, Dies" <di...@fast.au.fujitsu.com>
Subject element names in CEP
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 05:38:46 GMT
Hi Michal, Marios, Joe,

I noticed the keys returned in the CEP don't match the names and order
in the CIMI spec:

$ curl -u mockuser:mockpassword
http://localhost:3001/cimi/cloudEntryPoint -H "Accept: application/xml"

<CloudEntryPoint xmlns="http://schemas.dmtf.org/cimi/1"
resourceURI="http://schemas.dmtf.org/cimi/1/CloudEntryPoint">

  <forwardingGroups href="http://localhost:3001/cimi/forwarding_groups"
/>

  <volumeConfigurations
href="http://localhost:3001/cimi/volume_configurations" />

  <machineConfigurations
href="http://localhost:3001/cimi/machine_configurations" />

  <networkConfigurations
href="http://localhost:3001/cimi/network_configurations" />

  <networkPortConfigurations
href="http://localhost:3001/cimi/network_port_configurations" />

</CloudEntryPoint>

The "*Configurations" elements are called "*Configs" in the spec, and
each Config entry comes directly after *Templates instead of all at the
end.

Any particular reason for that?

I believe the element name is particularly an issue because no spec
compliant client would be able to find the urls to these collections.

Can you help me fix that?

My patch is here:

https://github.com/dkoper/deltacloud-core/commit/700e7f037993dab766f6ec6
3b8dbebcad2642b24

on branch

https://github.com/dkoper/deltacloud-core/tree/cimi-ui

On this branch, the element names are correctly displayed, but the
href's are changed too:

  <machineConfigs href="http://localhost:3001/cimi/machine_configs" />

To reduce the impact on existing clients (and DC code), I'd like to only
change the element name and not the href.

Any idea how I can do that?

This branch has other fixes for issues I found while trying to make the
client work with FT's CIMI endpoint. Hence the patch to take urls from
the CEP, hence the need for the element names in the CEP to be correct.

Cheers,

Dies Koper