deltacloud-dev mailing list archives

From "marios@redhat.com" <mandr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: CIMI clients
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 09:11:28 GMT
Hi Maarten:

On 14/05/13 09:14, Maarten Wiggers wrote:
> Hi Marios,
>
> I am curious about the current availability of client-side libraries that support CIMI.
Dies told me that the Deltacloud repository contains python, ruby and Java clients? Of which
the ruby client supports CIMI? How would you describe the maturity of this ruby client library?
Is it stable and up-to-date?

No, the ruby client for Deltacloud actually supports the Deltacloud
native API and not the CIMI API. In fact the only CIMI 'client' we ship
right now in the Deltacloud repo is the web application (a simple html
UI that talks to a running Deltacloud+CIMI server). A CIMI client would
be a great contribution if you are interested in that ;)

> What is your view on existing libraries as jcloud and libcloud? Do you see it as important
that CIMI gets added to these?

Absolutely! Right now I am not aware of any other project that offers
CIMI API support. An important aspect of a new specification like CIMI
gaining traction and acceptance is obviously wide
implementation/adoption/availability

all the best, marios